Learn some energy saving tips and tricks to save your business energy use – and money – in 2018 and beyond. Here are 9 top tips from kinex.
- Install thermostats: Installing a thermostat to monitor temperature in a room, office, shop floor or workshop that previously didn’t have one could help you to reduce your gas or electricity bill and carbon footprint.
- Switch off PCs: If your business uses a lot of computer screens/monitors don’t leave equipment on standby. You should be asking employees to switch off their PCs at the end of each day. It’s a quick and simple way to reduce your business energy payments.
- Unplug unused chargers: This is a really easy way to reduce the price of your energy bills. If you’re not using a phone or laptop charger, unplug it. The amount of energy used does depend on the charger, but if left plugged in the cost will add up.
- Don’t put office furniture or equipment in front of radiators, and remember to bleed radiators: Don’t put desks or furniture in front of radiators, they’ll absorb the heat and make your radiators less efficient at heating rooms, meaning you’ll spend more money on heating. And don’t forget the bleed radiators so they’re working as efficiently as possible.
- Plug any drafts: Seal any holes or cracks in doors and window frames. Not only will it help you save money on your energy bill, as you won’t be cooling down as quickly because of the outside air, but your employees will thank you for a less draughty environment.
- Put foil behind your radiators: A frugal way to save energy is to put a sheet of foil behind your radiators. It will help to reflect the heat back into your business, making your radiator more efficient as less heat is lost through external walls.
- Insulate your business: If you have a small office, loft insulation can be a minimal cost and will be returned in the savings on your bill. It’s worth doing a bit of market research to find schemes on the market that offer to insulate your business for free. Check out this link to see if you qualify https://www.freeinsulationgrants.co.uk
- Invest in energy saving light bulbs: It may seem a bit obvious and like an expensive cost upfront but, switching to energy saving light bulbs could dramatically reduce your electricity costs every year.
- Use modern energy efficient appliances: Modern appliances are much more energy efficient than those that were made years ago. If your fridge, dishwasher or microwave are old, it may be worth considering replacing them.
Do you have any top energy saving tips? Share them with us @kinexuk